Meropa Communications is one of South Africa’s largest independent public relations and communications consultancies, with wholly-owned offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
Meropa is looking for an experienced divisional head in our Johannesburg office.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Relevant degree in Public Relations / Communications / Journalism or Marketing;
- Minimum of 10 years public relations experience, with at least 8 years in a public relations agency environment;
- Experience working on clients in the parastatal and public sector;
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track-record in managing a large but tight-knit team;
- The business acumen to balance team outputs with client requirements and to manage tight budgets;
- Crisis and issues management and strategy development experience essential;
- Exceptional writing ability;
- Strong strategic ability – with a focus on integrated strategies encompassing both traditional and new media (digital and social media) channels;
- Ability to translate technical jargon into business speak;
- Strong media relationships;
- Proven ability in pitching and winning new business;
- A proactive self-starter who has great attention to detail;
- Strong client credentials;
- Proven track record of exceptional client delivery and satisfaction.
Salary: negotiable depending on experience, plus benefits (medical aid and pension).
Please submit your CV with a letter of motivation, your availability, your salary expectation, as well as two to three contactable references (without these, your application will not be considered) via email to Lauren Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the subject line of the email Divisional Head: Public Sector.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.